Here are the published rules for the PFW Philanthropy process for PFW riders to use:
Regarding philanthropy, the Board passed the following process that we will use going forward for PFW to give funds to charities, and also support the club “social” perspective.
For Charity rides taking place from June – October, the club will set aside a maximum of $2500 to be donated to charities from the PFW on the behalf of PFW members that participate in a charity ride.
- A minimum of 2 PFW members must participate in the Charity ride.
- The $100 is a donation by the PFW on the behalf of the riders and is NOT part of any registration fees which are the responsibility of each rider.
- When 2 or more club members enter a specific charity ride, and
- Send a request via a single e-mail with their names to Philanthropy.
- The first group of club membersbmaking the request, no sooner than 60 days prior to the rides starting date, will be selected.
- This e-mail must be followed by confirmation e-mails by each of the members named within two weeks of the initial e-mail submission.
- The club will donate $100 to that charity ride in the name of the riders on the original e-mail.
There will be no more than 25 of these awards and no more than one per charity ride during any given year.