A Wonderful Week of Cycling and other Activities in Martha’s Vineyard
June 9 – 14, 2013 (Sun – Fri)
Leaders: Michael Heffler and Pat Van Hise
Daily C+, C, or D+ rides (volunteers for B rides are welcome)
- Choice of sharing a house or staying at a nearby bed and breakfast
- Day trip to Nantucket by ferry – Day of sailing – Hiking Day
- Sunset party – Karaoke party – cocktail parties
B&Bs: Choice of two – for more info contact Michael @ email@example.com
Note: PFW members will be responsible to book & pay for rooms at either B&B during all or part of the week.
- Madison Inn. Rates are $159/night for weekdays, $199/night for weekends (Fri & Sat). Rooms have private baths. Address: 18 Kennebec Avenue Oak Bluffs, MA, 02557. 508-693-2760 for reservations. http://madisoninnmv.com/
- Nashua House. Rates are $99 – 109/night for weekdays, $169 – $179 for weekends (Fri & Sat). Rooms share a bathrooms between two rooms. Address: 9 Healy Way Oak Bluffs, MA 02557. 508-693-0043 for reservations. http://www.nashuahouse.com/index.php
OR Share Large House: To sign up or more info contact Pat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cost will be Approx $270 (includes cleaning fee).
- 7 bedroom 4 bath house with ocean view only a few blocks from ferry.
- Late afternoon cocktail parties included.
- One group dinner in the house included.
- Other meals – cook in or eat out.
- $150 deposit plus share of security deposit (refundable only if trip cancelled).
Ferry: Martha’s Vineyard is reached by boat only – prices below are 2012
- From Woods Hole, MA $137 round trip per car or $14 per adult and $8 per bicycle. Note: PFW members must make their own reservations with the Steamship Authority online, six months in advance is recommended. This is the only ferry company that takes automobiles. Woods Hole is about 5.5 hours from Princeton. See www.steamshipauthourity.com
- From Quonset Point, RI – no cars – adult round trip $79; bikes $16. Only Sunday departures are 9:30am or 3:30pm. $10 per day dockside parking. May be reached by Amtrak train to Kingston Station RI and shuttle to dock. No bikes allowed on Amtrak trains. See www.vineyardferry.com
- From Pier Village, 1 Chelsea Ave, Long Branch NJ 07740 – no cars – adult roundtrip $230, bike $30. 6.5 hour ferry ride. See www.seastreak.com